For sellers

Company Accounts and Tax returns Company Accounts and Tax returns

Annual Accounts & Tax Returns for Bulgarian Limited Companies


We offer a wide spectrum of accountancy services to private owners, companies and corporations.

Company Annual Accounts: Foreign Owners of Property


Foreign owners of property who have bought land, villas or investment apartments often own 100% of the shares of a Bulgarian Limited company and it owns the property. This company must by law submit annual accounts (for 1st Jan – 31st Dec) every year by the 31st March of the following year. Even if the company has not traded and has not made a single transaction the accounts must still be submitted to the authorities. Like any accountancy issue this is best done by registered professionals.

Failure to submit accounts by the 31st March now results in fines ranging between 250 – 1500 Eurosdepending on the length of the delay. If you are late in submission it is best to instruct a consultancy to deal with the issue asap as it will simply cost more if left unresolved.

We can prepare and submit your company accounts for £150 including filing fees

If you are looking to re-register your company, you must bring the accounts fully up to date first, it if not possible to successfully re-register companies when there are outstanding fines, fees or accounts.


Corporate Accounts: Trading Companies


If you have multiple investments in Bulgaria which perhaps are being let out in return for rental income, we can assist with the accountancy of such structures and streamline your returns to be more tax efficient. It is possible to register your firm for VAT and claim back VAT amounts, this is especially true when the purchase is not concluded and perhaps is still in an off plan stage. These funds can then be reinvested into additional properties, expand the portfolio and bring in further income. Naturally, as a commercial enterprise the VAT can be legitimately claimed back from these purchases too.

Every corporate structure is different, please contact us to discuss your situation.



Personal Tax on Rental Income:

Individuals renting property


If you are making a rental return on your investment in Bulgaria and taking an income from it there, then it is likely that some taxes will be due or at least a ‘nil return’ will need to be filed on your behalf. If you are looking to pay that tax in Bulgaria then we can assist with the correct filing and structuring of personal tax returns within the territory of Bulgaria and relevant to the Bulgarian Treasury only.

We typically complete annual personal tax returns for 100 Euros only

Every individual case is different, please contact us to discuss your situation.

More property services
Valuation for Inheritance and Divorce
Official evaluation, site visit and written report by a registered surveyor for legal purposes. New Estate's findings are admissible in court, tax offices, insurers and other official bodies requiring expert opinion. Typically in the event of death, inheritance or divorce, our service provides the necessary information to satisfy official and legal requirements.
Conveyancing Services
Found yourself a buyer? Excellent. Your next step is to appoint a trusted party to represent your best interests and prepare the property’s documentation required by the notary to complete your sale. New Estate has completed thousands of such transactions and is well positioned to conclude matters for you without you needing to leave your local area. Contact us to discuss.
Annual Property Tax
50 Euro service fee per property per year. Every owner is liable to pay annual municipal property tax to the government. Some rural properties are billed as little as 15 Euros / year, other regular size Sofia apartments will typically be 150 Euros / year. We offer services to acquire and conclude your tax bill for you for an administrative charge of 50 Euros + the tax amount.
Property Insurance quotes
From 69 Euros / year property insurance does not have to be expensive, most our owners are fully insured for 70-150 Euros / year. Often a legal requirement for those with mortgages and peace of mind for those who have tenants or are only visiting their property for holidays.